This 1941 Packard 160 is an anachronism, but a wonderful, distinctive anachronism. Built on the 138" wheelbase 1904 chassis, this is believed to be one of only two Packards bodied in this style by Rollson, the New York-based coachbuilders that succeeded Rollston, a style usually reserved for the longer 1907 series 180. The effect of combining the tall, square-backed open front town car coachwork with the modern 1941 Packard chassis with its headlights integrated into the fenders, teardrop fenders with four discrete chrome spears, rounded chrome bumpers and 1941's longer hood with the radiator grille and fender catwalks pushed forward to the front of the fenders is singular. The raked one-piece windshield in front of the driver's compartment with its cloth tendelet and the elegant but dated cubic opera lights on the body's B-pillars hints at the first owner's desire for the elegance of the past on a modern, high speed chassis. Discretely painted black with dual side-mount spare enclosures with mirrors, the wheels have hubcaps and chrome trim rings and whitewall tires. Black leather upholstery in the driver's compartment and soft, inviting brown broadcloth in the rear are accented by elaborately figured wood moldings, bud vases, a vanity mirror, silk window shades, a folding center armrest and a separate rear compartment heater. An electric intercom transmits the rear compartment's occupants' instructions to the chauffeur. It is the height of elegance, and its exclusive Town Car purpose is emphasized by the lack of a luggage trunk, and even a rack to mount one for longer journeys. It may be an anachronism, but it is a rare, distinctive and luxurious one of the highest quality in construction, preservation and restoration.