The first production postwar Rolls-Royce was the Silver Wraith. It was a completely new design sharing only the engine's bore and stroke dimensions with the prewar Wraith. Its success was evident in the fact that it remained in production from 1947 until 1959, a total of 1,883 automobiles of which 1,244 were on the short wheelbase chassis like this beautiful 1952 Silver Wraith with 4-Door Saloon coachwork by Park Ward. Powered by a 4,566cc (279 cubic inch) engine, its coachwork is an innovative design first shown by Park Ward at the 1949 Earls Court Show. Known as design number 144, eventually 121 were built accounting for well over a third of Park Ward's total production of 331 on the Silver Wraith short wheelbase chassis. Its design benefits first from the long sweeping teardrop front fenders which extend all the way back to the front of the similar but shorter teardrop rear fenders incorporating very effective rear wheel skirts. The built in Silver Dawn-style headlights, six side windows, sloping beltline and roofline joining into a steeply sloped rear deck make design number 144 one of the most modern and attractive on the Silver Wraith. Finished in two shades of Blue with Red coachlines and matching new Blue leather upholstery and Wilton carpets, this right-hand drive Rolls-Royce has a 4-speed manual transmission, single center driving light, folding tables in the rear compartment, a modern Alpine stereo and air conditioning to ensure its usability in all climates and conditions. It has been thoughtfully restored to be extremely presentable but also is configured and presented to be an excellent driver. Under hood the engine has been removed and detailed with the firewall and other under hood components also repainted and detailed. This is practical, attractive, elegant and usable luxury in the finest automobile that Rolls-Royce built in until the late Fifties.