Cadillac introduced a brand new V-16 for production in 1938, one of most rare, sophisticated and smoothest-running automobiles ever to come from Detroit. The power plant was a short stroke, L-head, wide (135 degree) angle design that displaced 431 cubic inches and developed 185 horsepower. It was built for only three years with 1940 marking its final year. In all only 514 examples were produced, with just 61 made in 1940. The ultimate luxury car of their time, the quality and exclusivity of the 1940 Cadillac V-16 is exemplified by this 7-passenger Fleetwood-built Imperial Sedan which has been carefully preserved for the past 68 years, cosmetically and mechanically maintained as needed and still in excellent condition. The rear compartment's Beige wool upholstery appears to be original, the quarter windows are fitted with rollup shades and there is a rollup divider partition with a clock. The passengers may pass instructions to the chauffeur through an electronic communication system. It has dual side-mount spare tire compartments with mirrors, dual outside mirrors, a 3-speed manual transmission, Trippe auxiliary lights, grille guard, hubcaps, wide whitewall tires and running boards. The Black leather front compartment upholstery appears to have been redone at some time in the past, much of the major chrome has been replated and it has been repainted but otherwise appears to be a straight, well-maintained, honest and original automobile of the highest quality and rarity. It is sure to be admired and appreciated wherever it is driven or shown. A CCCA Full Classic, it runs extremely well and would be ideal for CARavans and other open road events and tours.