This really exceptional 1940 Chrysler New Yorker Highlander convertible had only two owners for the first 63 years of its life. The original owner, Edwin Miles of San Francisco, kept it until 1973, its second owner, Russ Parker, until 2003 as well as overseeing its thorough restoration at the turn of this century. It is one of only a few New Yorker convertibles built in 1940, just 833 according to a letter from Chrysler, and maybe as few as just 87 with the flamboyant Highlander package. Its Sequoia Cream paint beautifully sets off the blue and red plaid of the Highlander's cloth upholstery, rich red interior trim and dark red cloth convertible top. It is fitted with Chrysler's famed Fluid Drive transmission with overdrive, fog lights, bumper over riders, radio (with MP3 player input), heater, clock, backup lights, large hubcaps, trim rings and whitewall tires and is powered by Chrysler's 135 horsepower 323 cubic inch inline eight cylinder engine. It is exhaustively documented including several display boards of period Chrysler literature and comes with some extremely unusual original items including the original radio station call letter labels for the radio pushbuttons and metal tags which documented for production workers the specific configuration and options configuration, items almost never seen in the restoration of a car of this age. The engine was recently rebuilt and the car fully detailed. Paint, panel fit, upholstery, interior trim and top are very good, the chrome is brilliant. Details like the reconditioned gauge faces confirm the quality of the underlying car and its restoration. It is done right, and to high standards of fit, function and finish, a car that will attract attention not only to its quality and rarity but also to the dramatic Highlander trim package.