Hudson, organized by Roy Chapin and Howard Coffin after leaving Chalmers-Detroit and Thomas-Detroit with backing from Detroit department store magnate Joseph L. Hudson, introduced its first automobile in 1909. By 1913 the original Hudson 20hp four was up to 280 cubic inches rated at 27 NACC hp and turning out 37hp on the engine brake. Hudson offered five body styles on the Model 37 from a two place roadster to a three-door, 7-passenger limousine but by far the most attractive was the 5-place Torpedo Tourer. The Torpedo featured a raised and extended cowl, cut down windshield, lowered steering column. Sporty it was, but also practical and comfortable. This example is beautifully restored to be not only an excellent show car but more importantly a wonderful, practical car for tours that has been proved on numerous events by its prior owner. Finished in grey with black body outline accents, hood and fenders accented with a red coachline. The interior is upholstered in black leather complementing the black cloth top with black leather-wrapped top frame, black cloth top boot and even a tonneau cover. It has complete weather equipment and buttons up securely in adverse weather. The artillery wheels are red, mounting oversize black wall tires for secure driving performance. Set up for touring, it has a steel ring gear, modern starter, electric fuel pump, Carter BB-1 carburetor and updated distributor. The original starter/generator comes with it. Bright work is nickel and it is equipped with CM Hall electric headlights and sidelights, a single side-mounted spare, clock, speedometer and a bulb horn. This is a superb, dialed-in and proven tour car of exceptional quality and rarity. Some spares, a reproduction owner's manual, handbook and literature complete a package of unusual quality and completeness.
If you have vintage cars for sale and need trusted and experienced classic car dealers, make sure to contact us and learn more about our classic car consignment program.