The Ward LaFrance Truck Corp. was established in 1916 by Addison Ward LaFrance, son of one of the principals in the American LaFrance company. Confusion between the two was, and is, inevitable as both are best known for their fire apparatus although A. Ward LaFrance, a gifted innovator, also built a wide variety of heavy duty trucks and busses including cranes, road tractors and military recovery vehicles during World War II. Its fire apparatus enjoyed wide popularity in the Northeast states and had an enviable export market. This 1936 Ward LaFrance 152C Pumper is a prime example of the company's prowess at building fire apparatus. An open cab model, its distinctive grille immediately identifies it as a Ward LaFrance. Meticulously maintained, it has been comprehensively cosmetically redone with black accents and gold lettering. Power comes from an inline L-head six-cylinder engine with dual carburetion and a four-speed transmission with granny low. An open cab model for which Ward LaFrance is best known, it is lavishly equipped with lights, sirens, bell, ladders, a wide assortment of nozzles, suction and delivery hoses, helmets, protective clothing, pike poles, axes, portable extinguishers, a monitor nozzle atop the body, pedestal-mounted spotlight and much more. Every bracket, mount and available space is filled, and everything works. Its bright work is chrome, nickel and polished aluminum. Mechanically it is in excellent operating condition, ready to be driven anywhere, a beautiful example of the craftsmanship and skill of one of America's legendary fire apparatus manufacturers.