This is the only example of the 50 or so 1914 Rauch & Lang R5 Roadsters built that is known to survive. Along with Baker, Rauch & Lang was the foremost name in electric automobiles in the U.S. and in 1915 the two companies merged to dominate their field. The Rauch & Lang electrics were silent, reliable, comfortable and simple to operate. Their range on lead-acid storage batteries sufficient for driving around town, and they developed their line of vehicles to meet the specific in-town needs of a loyal clientele. The R5 Roadster was discovered by pioneer collector Henry Austin Clark, Jr. in the 1940s. It had been used as transportation at a Long Island estate. A full restoration was completed in the early Sixties, which ultimately earned this Rauch & Lang an AACA National First Prize. Today, after more than forty years since restored, this Model R is still perfect. The upholstery is tan fine wool broadcloth while the exterior is ebony black with gold pin-striping. It has left-hand tiller steering, Solar electric cowl lights and taillight, electric headlights and new white rubber tires. It is ready to be taken to any Concours or show where it will stand up to the most demanding judging.
For immediate assistance please call us at +1-314-524-6000 or please fill out the following form and a member of our team will contact you.