The Red Bug had many lives, but the most important and recognizable of them is represented by this beautifully restored example powered by the Briggs & Stratton "Motor Wheel". It was acquired in 1970 by the Stone Mountain Museum in its present restored condition and was a recipient of a 1970 AACA National First Prize award. It has been carefully maintained and preserved since joining the museum's collection and remains in show-ready condition today, a tribute to the quality of its restoration and the materials and workmanship lavished on it. The Auto Red Bug design was originated by A.O. Smith Company in 1916 intended as a simple, reliable way to get around town quickly and economically. The rights were later acquired by Briggs & Stratton, and then by the Automotive Electric Service Corporation in North Bergen, New Jersey which marketed it as the Auto Red Bug. Production continued with both Brigg & Stratton Motor Wheel and electric power until the late Twenties. Outlets included high-end outdoor outfitter Abercrombie & Fitch and upscale toy store F.A.O. Schwarz. This one is ready to use or to display with pride in any collection or Concours.
For immediate assistance please call us at +1-314-524-6000 or please fill out the following form and a member of our team will contact you.