Raymond Dietrich's Dietrich, Inc. plaque still distinguished the designs which he created for Packard in 1935, some of the most elegant and refined open cars of the Classic era. By this time Packard was building most of its coachwork in its own shop, to control costs, inventory and quality, and was able to supply just about any combination of coachwork, chassis and drivetrain desired by a customer, flexibility which is substantiated by this long wheelbase Standard Eight Convertible Sedan with divider window. An export model, it is right-hand drive, a configuration which suggests there may be an interesting story behind its construction which has yet to be discovered. It is an older restoration which recently has been gone through to assure that it is in very good driving condition. The coachwork is very attractive, something which is to be expected with a Ray Dietrich design. In addition to the divider window it has a new brown cloth top and boot which complements the Light Yellow paint and Tan leather upholstery. Body color painted wire wheels are mounted with wide whitewall tires set off by chrome hubcaps and trim rings. The exterior is embellished with a donut chaser mascot, chrome radiator shutters, trunk rack and a brown coachline matching the top color. The rear compartment has a folding armrest and foot rest but no jump seats. The engine compartment is nicely detailed. Highly unusual and very attractively bodied, it will make a positive contribution to any collection and on account of its unusual right-hand drive, Standard Eight, Dietrich convertible sedan configuration will particularly complement a collection of Packard’s.