For people all over the world, the unmistakable shape of a Jeep 4x4 stands for much that is good about America: honesty, reliability, ruggedness, straightforward and strength. Conceived by American Bantam in the waning days of the Great Depression, then perfected and produced in vast quantities by Willys and Ford during World War II, Jeeps rapidly made their way across the globe, from Philippine jungles to French countryside. Production continued after the war with Willys when this 1950 M38 was built. A direct military adaptation of Willys Motors’ postwar civilian Jeep, the CJ-3A, the M38 benefits from a strengthened frame and suspension and full-floating rear axle. This fully restored and fully operational example is an interesting communication car that features a large radio between the two seats, while other recognizably military equipment includes a side-mounted shovel, spotlights, a rear-mounted spare, and a rear-mounted jerry can. Of course, it is finished in the obligatory military shade of green and a canvas top to match, and the 124 ci engine drives through a three-speed manual attached to a transfer case and capable four-wheel-drive. This Jeep has been thoroughly and properly restored to high standards. It even rides on a brand new set of non-directional tread military tires. The Jeep is an almost universally adored motoring icon, and this authentic military example is just as capable and probably in even better condition than it was in the 1950s. Wonderfully presented and with abundant historical significance, it is ready for enjoyment.
For immediate assistance please call us at +1-314-524-6000 or please fill out the following form and a member of our team will contact you.