Packard entered 1955 with a number of substantial new features not the least of which was a complete switch to V-8 power including a 352 cubic inch engine rated at 260hp in the Packard 400 two-door hardtop. Less obvious but equally important was a new torsion bar independent front suspension that greatly improved ride and ride height control and a new Twin Ultramatic automatic transmission felt by many to be the best automatic built in Detroit in the Fifties. The 127 inch wheelbase Packards were offered in three body styles, Caribbean convertible, Patrician sedan and 400 two-door hardtop. This example is handsomely presented in a two tone color scheme that was emblematic of Packard's 1955 line, in this case Rose Quartz with a Moonstone white roof. The interior upholstery is the original white leather and white cloth with new carpets and shows only a little wear on the driver's side. Interior trim matches the distinctive Rose/White exterior color scheme. Equipment includes the Twin Ultramatic automatic transmission, power steering, power brakes, radio, heater and a set of chrome wire wheels with new radial whitewall tires. It comes with its original steel wheels and Packard full hubcaps. The exterior has been restored with good paint and chrome and the engine compartment has similarly been thoroughly restored including the inner wheel wells and firewall. The chassis is clean and orderly but without being restored. Packard production would cease after the 1956 model year, making these last few years of production important milestones in American automobile history. Few are as attractive as this 1955 400 hardtop with its gorgeous gold-tone instrument panel and dashboard and optimistic color scheme.