Hermann Brunn injected new style into the frumpy, erect coachwork offered by Lincoln after the marque's acquisition by Ford. Lincoln's coachwork had been overseen by Henry Leland's son-in-law, a maker of women's hats, and featured more headroom than style. Edsel Ford with Brunn's help cured that in short order while capitalizing on Leland's superb chassis and fork-and-blade V-8 engine to make the Lincoln Model L one of the best automobiles of the Twenties. This 1925 Lincoln Model L Dual Windshield Phaeton is a superb example of their collaboration with a long, low hood that takes advantage of the V-8's compact dimensions, a raked windshield with generous wind wings, a three-piece rear seat windshield, jump seats and a luggage trunk behind the tonneau. It exhibits a number of intriguing features, not least its livery in Brewster Green with body color fenders, center lock Rudge-Whitworth wire wheels accented with black body aprons, matching black radiator shutters and dual side-mounted spares. The wheels have chrome lock rings and black wall tires that further its purposeful impression. Body bright work is nickel, with its soft, subtle shine. Other features include locking storage lockers in the front seatback, subtle cowl lights in body color fairings and a greyhound radiator cap mascot. It was acquired in 1967 from R.M. Scarrit in St. Petersburg, Florida by the Rev. T.L. Osborn who drove it home to Tulsa with his wife and later owned by Jacques Passey. Restored in 2004 by a later owner, it has high speed rear gears and Michelin tires. The engine has been updated with aluminum pistons and hardened valve seats for running unleaded fuel. Nothing has been overlooked in this superb example of the craftsmanship of Brunn, Lincoln and the best restorers.
For more information on how to easily buy classic cars for your collection of vintage cars, contact us today and learn about our classic car consignment program.