When introduced in 1929 the Phantom II incorporated many changes designed to perfect the already nearly perfect Phantom. Principal among them were unit construction of the engine, clutch and gearbox, open driveshaft and revised rear suspension with semi-elliptical leaf springs. Fitted with servo-boosted 4-wheel drum brakes, the entire frame structure was strengthened and lowered to give coachbuilders more design flexibility, Quality, reliability and durability were essential characteristics of the Phantom II and they ensured the longevity of many chassis. This 1930 Rolls-Royce Phantom II was originally bodied with Weymann fabric-covered 4-door saloon coachwork. It was re-bodied with this commodious Shooting Brake coachwork some time before it was acquired in 1962 by the Earl of Moray, a descendant of King James V of Scotland. It was subsequently acquired by Charles Bickley in Florida who commenced a thorough restoration in the late 1980's. Since then it has been meticulously repainted in the present Brewster Green which beautifully accents the light wood framing and mahogany panels of the shooting brake coachwork. Right-hand drive, it has a beautiful walnut burl dashboard, restored instruments and is fitted with many desirable accessories including a tinted glass windshield visor, top-hinged opening windshield, passenger's Raydot spotlight, single Trippe driving light, Lucas headlights, single side-mounted spare on the left, fender mirrors and three row seating. The highly unusual front fender marker lamps are recessed into the fenders. The body and interior wood is finished to extremely high standards. It has been shown in RROC events, participated in CCCA CARavans and still presents extremely well with a detailed engine, excellent paint, wood and interior. It is a showpiece.
For immediate assistance please call us at +1-314-524-6000 or please fill out the following form and a member of our team will contact you.