1949 saw many changes in Chryslers with the introduction of its first all-new styling since the war. Chrysler continued, however, to offer its prestigious Town & Country wood-paneled convertible on the top-of-the-line New Yorker eight-cylinder chassis, now with the wood body framing applied over the standard steel panels. Running changes through the year saw Dinoc wood grain replaced in late production with body color painted panels, a rare and highly attractive variant that is shown off to advantage on this spectacularly restored example, and one of the last wood-framed Chrysler Town & Country convertibles to be built -- in 1950 the T&C would be offered only on the Newport two-door hardtop. Its rarity and distinctive style earned it a meticulous Concours-quality restoration, winning an AACA National First Prize in 1988, Senior and in 1990 an AACA Grand National award. It has Fluid Drive, full wheel covers, wide whitewall tires, radio, clock, heater and power-operated top. It is finished in beautiful dark red which Chrysler colorfully called 'Pepper Red' that contrasts to advantage with the brightly varnished light ash wood framing. The interior is upholstered in rich cognac brown leather topped off with a tan cloth top and a matching top boot cover. This is a brilliant show car restored and maintained to Concours-quality standards. One of the last Chrysler Town & Country convertibles built, it will occupy an important place in any collection, tour or show field.