Cadillac concentrated its attention on modern automobiles in 1909, abandoning its earliest single-cylinder engines and introducing the Model 30, a development of the Model G four-cylinder. The move coincided with Cadillac's acquisition by Billy Durant's General Motors also in 1909. For 1910 the Model 30's displacement increased to 255 cubic inches, increasing power to 33 brake horsepower. These are real -- in the sense appreciated by modern collectors -- automobiles with 3-speed sliding gear transmissions, rear wheel brakes and a full complement of safety equipment. This example with its demi-tonneau style touring car body is typical of the quality and utility of these early Cadillac Model 30s. Finished in ivory with black body accent and coachlining, it has black leather diamond-tufted upholstery, black cloth top and a lengthy list of brass appointments including a Motometer, Gray & Davis acetylene headlights, acetylene generator, kerosene cowl lights and taillight, trumpet horn and steering column. Right-hand drive, as all proper automobiles were at the time, it has a single spare tire on the driver's side, Non-Skid tires and a toolbox on the left running board. An older restoration proudly displaying a 1977 AACA National First Prize and senior badge, it has been very well maintained and is in very sound and highly presentable condition. The engine is highly detailed and shows its copper water jackets to advantage. The wood firewall and body trim is attractively varnished and the paint on the wood body panels is not cracking. It will be used on tours proudly, and will charm its owner and onlookers in the car park at the end of a day's run. Henry Leland, Detroit's "Master of Precision," built some of America's finest motor cars and established them as the "Standard of the World" by applying the concept of precision-manufactured interchangeable parts to their assembly. This 1910 Cadillac Model 30 epitomizes their quality, elegance and performance.