Many of the early innovations that define the modern automobile came from the fertile mind of Alexander B. Winton. Winton built his first automobile in 1896 and proved it in 1897 with a 600 mile trip from Cleveland to New York. Early twin- and four-cylinder Winton’s were succeeded by the first Winton six in 1907. Winton never looked back, sticking with sixes until the company's demise in the post-WWI recession. The big, powerful 6-33, a 33 NACC horsepower 348 cubic inch automobile with elegant, attractive styling and many important features including a 4-speed transmission with overdrive 4th speed and electrical starting was introduced in 1916. This 1917 Winton 6-33 Touring car is near the apogee of Winton's automobiles, a large, comfortable touring car with room for seven and power to match even on the rudimentary roads of the day. It was restored some years ago by Harold Coker, founder of the Coker Tire Company which today keeps most antique and classic cars on the road, in its original color of brown with tan coachlining and matching wood spoke wheels with blackwall 37x5 tires. A black cloth top, tonneau cover, top boot and side curtains provide for a range of weather protection. The interior has a Warner speedometer, Waltham clock and handsomely grained dashboard. Bell-style headlights with integrated riding lights below them add to the imposing presence of the Winton's visage. The restoration has mellowed with good care, most recently in a well-known museum, and the Winton Thirty-Three is a strong runner that should be a satisfying and unusual tour car with unusual character and presence.