Built by Victoria Werke A.G. in Nurnberg, Germany between June 1957 and February 1958, the Victoria roadster was one of a spate of microcars built in German in the late 50's. Powered by a 248cc two-stroke single cylinder engine, the Victoria had impressive specs: tube frame chassis, fiberglass body, rack and pinion steering, four-wheel independent suspension and hydraulic brakes. Its light weight, just 936 pounds at the curb, the hard-working little 14hp engine and a 5-speed transmission made it a remarkably good performer capable of just over 60mph. The transmission was its most unusual attribute. Three buttons on the dashboard selected the gears while a lever chose between reverse and the two low speeds and the higher range of third through fifth speeds. This sparkling little example has been owned twice by the same collector, first when he was but 12 years old and went "halves" with his Dad on it. After learning to drive in it he sold it to a friend, and then re-acquired it after two decades and completing a loving restoration in the original red with tan upholstery and top. The original vacuum fuel pump has been replaced with an electric pump for reliability and the dashboard has been upgraded with wood veneer. It has full weather equipment including a soft top and side curtains covered in matching material sourced in Europe. Mechanically and cosmetically in tip-top shape, it is one of just two dozen Victoria 250 Sportwagens believed to survive out of total production of only 729 and will be the center of attention at any car show, even microcar gatherings where it will stand out among the rows of Isetta’s, Heinkel’s and Messerschmitt’s. Microcars are wonderful collector vehicles and never fail to attract favorable attention, but this is one of the rarest and sporting of the group, a sparkling and loved example.