Triumph introduced its two-seat sports roadster in 1953. Intended to cater to the needs of the U.S. market, its 2-liter engine, handy size, economical price and attractive body with cut down doors made it a commercial success. Triumph smoothed off the TR2's rough edges in succeeding years, introducing the TR3 in late 1955 and the TR3A in September 1957 with exterior door handles, integrated turn signal lights, lockable trunk lid and more comfortable seating. Triumph had become the first series sports car manufacturer to fit standard front disc brakes in a running change a year earlier. This attractive car in British Racing Green with Tan leather upholstery and matching cloth top and tonneau cover has benefitted from a thorough cosmetic restoration with good paint, chrome and soft trim. It is equipped with fender mirrors, black wall radial tires and wind wings and comes with a full complement of weather equipment. The chassis and engine compartment have been sympathetically done over, bringing it to very usable, presentable and reassuring condition.