In 1922 Cadillac was recognized as one of America's premiere luxury car builders. Power came from the 314 cubic inch V-8 engine with fork-and-blade connecting rods designed under Henry and Wilfred Leland's leadership of the marque. Quality, reliability, comfort and silence were the marque's strengths, characteristics fully evident in this handsomely restored and maintained 1922 Type 61 Phaeton in a 1986 AACA Senior National First Prize winning restoration that has been carefully maintained since participating in the 1987 Buckeye Glidden Tour. It is very well equipped with varnished natural wood spoke wheels, wide whitewall tires, a thin trunk tightly mounted to the phaeton tonneau in front of a pair of rear-mounted spare wheels and tires. The dark blue body with black fenders is accented with a cream coachline. The interior has black leather which is protected by a black leather top with a full liner and a full set of side curtains. Grey linoleum covered running boards, a wooden steering wheel, rear view mirror, Motometer, windshield wiper and mechanical dipping headlights complete an impressive equipment list. A choice touch is the tubular front bumper which has end caps engraved "Cadillac Phila." Under the hood the detailed engine has both an oil can for linkage lubrication and a trouble light to facilitate nighttime repairs. This is a thoughtfully and accurately restored, carefully maintained Cadillac with attractive phaeton coachwork that exemplifies the quality, performance, style and reliability of "The Standard of the World."