The Columbia electric is an important part of automobile history. Built by Colonel Albert Pope's company in Hartford, Connecticut, Columbia offered; even in 1902; both electric and gasoline automobiles. It later acquired the infamous Selden patent, collecting royalties on gasoline automobiles until the patent was broken in 1911 by Henry Ford. This important 1902 Columbia Electric Runabout was saved by famous early collector Henry Austin Clark, Jr. at his museum in Southampton, New York. It received a comprehensive restoration several years ago and has recently been cosmetically and mechanically freshened. It is finished in Red and Black with Black leatherette mudguards and white rubber tires on Maroon wood spoke wheels. It is equipped with a modern onboard battery charging system and new batteries. Operation is simple -- one of the electric automobile's claims to fame -- with tiller steering. Its condition is exemplary, showing little use or age. With electric automobile power becoming the topic of the day, this pioneer, well over a century old, is particularly relevant. It will attract abundant favorable attention wherever it appears.