When introduced in 1929 the Phantom II incorporated many changes designed to perfect the already nearly perfect Phantom. Principal among them were unit construction of the engine, clutch and gearbox, open driveshaft and revised rear suspension with semi-elliptical leaf springs. Fitted with servo-boosted 4-wheel drum brakes, the entire frame structure was strengthened and lowered to give coachbuilders more design flexibility and resulted in sleek, attractive open coachwork such as seen on this 1930 XJ-series dual cowl touring car. It is attractively bodied with dual windshields with windwings. The front windshield's large wind wings fold inward to serve as aero screens when the single piece windshield is folded flat. Lighting comes from a pair of tri-bar Lucas headlights and a single, small center-mounted driving light. Black wall tires are mounted on black painted center lock wire wheels, including a single side-mounted spare. Gracefully curved front and rear fenders are joined by lovely wood trimmed running boards and there is pair of rear view mirrors on the front fenders, a chrome luggage rack and varnished wood top bows. The body is painted medium blue with dark blue fenders nicely complemented by dark blue leather upholstery and a dark blue folding top. This aristocratic Rolls-Royce is right-hand drive, has been freshly serviced and is gorgeously presented and ready to be a superb car for tours and events where its attractive open coachwork, strong and quiet 7,668 cc engine and improved Phantom II driveline and chassis will make it a rewarding, comfortable, attractive and satisfying car for both the driver and the passengers.