When World War II ended five years of demand for civilian automobiles was released in a rush powered by the savings of half a decade of rationing. Automakers who had been building tanks, antiaircraft guns and 6x6 trucks rushed their 1942 models back into production, updated only in identification. Little changed in 1947 as assembly lines strained to fill what seemed to be insatiable demand. Cadillac was in better shape than most to meet this demand, having shut down production in 1942 of relatively sophisticated up-to-date models and continued production during the war of the Cadillac V8 and Hydramatic automatic transmission to power tanks. Visually refined for 1947, detail differences included a revised grille, more stainless steel trim now that rationing was relieved and full wheel covers known as "sombreros." This example has been given a comprehensive restoration which recently was freshened with new paint in vivid metallic blue to complement its medium blue leather seats, parchment interior trim, ivory dashboard and door panels and tan cloth top. Equipped with the Hydramatic automatic transmission, it also has a power top, power windows, heater, radio, skirts and wheel covers. It is one of the few postwar automobiles recognized by the Classic Car Club of America as a "Full Classic" eligible for all CCCA events and tours. It runs and drives extremely well and presents very well, particularly under the hood where the firewall, plumbing, wiring and fluid lines are orderly, tidy and accurately finished. It is gorgeous and ready for the coming season of tours.