Packard would build its sublimely smooth, quiet and powerful Twelve engine for only one more year after 1938 Sixteenth Series Twelves. Only 566 were delivered in 1938 and 446 in 1939 and these are the ultimate evolution of a legendary classic power plant, now with 473 cubic inches and 175 horsepower. The 134" wheelbase chassis received the seven catalog bodies and one Rollston custom body but Packard also built a very few 139" wheelbase 1608 series chassis for four custom bodies. Brunn & Company used the 1608 for two magnificent, opulent, imposing formal cars, an All-Weather Cabriolet and an unusual Touring Cabriolet of which this is an extremely rare and beautifully restored example. It is impossible to overstate the commanding presence of this magnificent Brunn & Co. Touring Cabriolet, with its brilliant colors of Gold over Medium Brown with Beige cloth padded roof and folding rear roof section over a luxurious interior upholstered and trimmed in Camel wool. Even the chauffeur's compartment is upholstered in wool cloth, not the more common leather. Equipped with a rollup divider window with a radio speaker and clock incorporated in the divider partition, the owner's stature is enhanced by the fact that there are no jump seats for occasional occupants, making this on of the largest and most imposing 4-passenger automobiles ever created. Delivered through the Fonda Motorcar Company on November 16, 1938, its first owner was Ms. Helen Lyons of Ogdensburg, NY who kept it until 1951. Its subsequent ownership is detailed in a magazine article that comes with it and it was eventually restored by Bud Hicks in Marshall, Michigan. It abounds in interesting and unusual features including a dashboard that is painted Silver to contrast with the body colors, gold plated interior door and window handles and rear compartment grab bar, Trippe lights, covered slots in the window sills, Brunn's signature small windows over the windshield, a "chauffeurbrella" stored under the front seat, dual enclosed side-mounted spares and wide whitewall tires on steel wheels with hubcaps and trim rings. The side-mounted spares are deeply recessed into elaborately curved wells on the backs of the front fenders, a unique styling feature of 1938 and 1939 Packard’s. It is an AACA Senior and CCCA Senior National First Prize winning restoration that is still in show quality condition, showing little evidence of use or age having recently been cosmetically refreshed. It is dialed in and ready to tour, an example of one of the rarest and exclusive luxury cars of the Classic era and if anything has even more presence today than it did in with Ms. Lyons in it in 1938.