With a history stretching back to the 1916 Twin Six, 1939 was the last year for the Packard Twelve, the acknowledged master of quiet, smooth, succulent power among American manufacturers. This seven-passenger Limousine features Packard's new for 1939 column-mounted gearshift. A vacuum-assisted clutch facilitated nearly effortless shifts. Equipped with a rollup divider window, jump seats, enclosed dual side-mounted spare tires, luggage rack, rollup privacy shades on the rear compartment windows, cigar lighters, footrest, Trippe lights, Packard cormorant radiator ornament, a lap robe strap and wide whitewall tires, one of the more important features of this Packard Twelve is the ample legroom in the driver's compartment, something which is highly unusual in a chauffeur-driven divider limousine of this period. It is fashionably and attractively finished in Blue with a Silver coachline and upholstered in Black leather in the driver's compartment while the rear compartment occupants are coddled in fine Grey broadcloth. Its restoration appears to have been done twenty or so years ago and shows its quality by its continuing excellent condition. The burl wood trim surrounding the divider window is particularly attractive but even more noticeable are the gracefully curved semi-circular spokes of the steering wheel. This is one of the last of the great twelve cylinder formal limousines from Packard and the quality of its older restored presentation is appropriate to the inherent quality of the automobile.